- Rhymes: -ɪpɪt
tippet (plural tippets)
- a shoulder covering, typically the fur of a fox, with long ends that dangle in front
- a stole worn by Anglican ministers
- (Scotland, obsolete) A length of twisted hair or gut in a fishing line.
- (Scotland, obsolete) A handful of straw bound together at one end, used for thatching.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Jamieson to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- Second-person plural subjunctive I of tippen.
- simple past of
- past participle of