Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: top-shelf
- (British: material with adult content): Such material is often stored on the top shelf in a newsagent's shop, where it is both less visible and harder to reach without being seen.
Audio (AU) (file)
- (US, idiomatic) Best, or high quality. [from late 19th c.]
- Synonym: top notch
- I bought a bottle of top shelf whiskey.
- (Britain, idiomatic) Describing books, magazines, or movies that have adult content or softcore pornography.
- Jim has a lot of top shelf magazines.