transvection (plural transvections)
- (genetics) An epigenetic interaction between an allele on one chromosome and the corresponding allele on the homologous chromosome
- Transvection effects include both activation and silencing.
- (mathematics) A kind of linear mapping which leaves all points on one axis fixed, while other points are shifted parallel to the axis by a distance proportional to their perpendicular distance from the axis
- a projective transvection
- The act of supernatural flight, such as by a witch
transvection f (plural transvections)