Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Difficult to endure; arduous.
- 1969, Donny Hathaway, Leroy Hutson (lyrics and music), “Tryin’ Times”, in First Take, performed by Roberta Flack:
- Tryin’ times, what the world is talkin’ about / You got confusion all over the land, yeah
- Irritating, stressful or bothersome.
Difficult to endure; arduous
irritating, stressful or bothersome
trying (plural tryings)
- (philosophy) The act by which one tries something; an attempt.
- 2006, Andrew Sneddon, Action and Responsibility, page 145:
- In a variety of places, O'Shaughnessy argues that there is an internal relation between trying and the events that tryings produce. For example, he argues that tryings are not independently specifiable except as would-be causes of physical events.