Jump to navigation Jump to search
- to fall
- to happen, befall, chance
- to stumble, slip, fall over
- to abate, subside, pass
- to sink, tip over, keel over
- to set (as the sun)
- to slump, crumple
- to founder, drift
- Ta'n baatey tuittym er y traie. ― The boat is foundering on the shore.
- to dip, slope
- Ta'n raad tuittym dy geyre. ― The road dips sharply.
- Ta'n thalloo tuittym ayns shoh. ― The ground declines here.
- to fall, drop off, decline
- Haghyr tuittym 'sy leagh margee. ― There was a fall in the market price.
- tuitt ass y cheilley (“crack up; crumble”)
- tuitt er (“fall on; fall to lot of; decline, drift, towards; descend on; occur on”)
- tuitt ergooyl (“drop off”)
- tuitt fo (“fall under; contract (as disease)”)
- tuitt magh (“fall in with; become friendly with”)
- tuitt magh (“fall out; quarrel; disagree; befall, happen; become estranged”)
- tuitt ry-cheilley (“click; come together (as plan)”)
- tuitt stiagh (“cave in; fall in”)
- tuitt veih my cheilley (“disintegrate; come apart”)