Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈʌndɚˌstʌdi/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈʌndəˌstʌdi/
Audio (Northern California, US) (file)
- Hyphenation: un‧der‧study
- to study or know a role to such an extent as to be able to replace the normal performer when required
- to act as an understudy (to someone)
- to act in a similar manner to some known person.
- 1935 Owen Conquest 'Morny's Master Stroke' That lean gentleman had apparently understudied Pharaoh of old and hardened his heart.
to study or know a role to such an extent as to be able to replace the normal performer when required
to act as an understudy
understudy (plural understudies)
- a performer who understudies; a standby
performer who understudies