Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- toward or at the rear of a theatrical stage.
- The actor turned and walked upstage.
- away from a motion-picture or television camera.
- (transitive) To draw attention away from others, especially on-stage.
- She only wore that dress to upstage everyone.
- (transitive) To force other actors to face away from the audience by staying upstage.
- (transitive) To treat snobbishly.
- (medicine, transitive) To restage (cancer) to a higher stage than that found at last assessment (compare downstage).