Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The flesh of a calf (i.e. a young bovine) used for food.
- Synonym: (nonstandard) calfflesh
- (slang, vulgar) The female genitalia. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
flesh of a calf
- To raise a calf for meat production.
- 1811, George B. Worgan, General View of the Agriculture of the County of Cornwall, Great Britain: Board of Agriculture, page 144:
- The division outside the vealing place is for a cow that has had or is near having calf.
- 1852, Thomas Mayne Reid, The Desert Home:
- It was about the size of a vealed calf, but shorter in the legs, and much longer in the body.