- weaponise (non-Oxford British spelling)
- (transitive) To make into a weapon.
- 2017 October 18, Maya Kosoff, “The Russian troll farm that weaponized Facebook had American boots on the ground”, in Vanity Fair:
- Though most Russian efforts unveiled thus far seem to have been aimed at weaponizing the far right, the existence of BlackMattersUS indicates Russian agents were equally motivated to infiltrate the far left in order to amplify partisan divides that would simultaneously energize Trump’s base and disillusion Hillary’s.
- Anything can be weaponized. A big enough rock, dropped from a sufficient height, is a very good weapon.
- (transitive) To make more effective as a weapon.
- To weaponize anthrax it is made more distributable, not more virulent.