- (idiomatic) The latest developments in a particular situation or a person's life.
- We send out a newsletter to our clients every week to tell them what's new in the company.
- (idiomatic) An informal greeting asking the other person what has recently happened in their life. A typical response might be, "Not much, you?". At times the greeting may not be literal and might just be used as a synonym for hello or what's up.
- (rhetorical question, idiomatic, sarcastic) A rhetorical request for some real news, on hearing a report that wasn't news because it was predictable. Implies that the situation is and always has been unsatisfactory.
- You're still having problems with that idiot you employed last year? So, what's new?
informal greeting asking what has happened recently
implies that the situation is and always has been unsatisfactory
- “what's new” at OneLook Dictionary Search