Jump to navigation Jump to search
windage (usually uncountable, plural windages)
- (automotive) Drag on the crankshaft caused by oil splashing out of the sump when rotating at high speeds.
- (ballistics) The difference in diameter between the bore of a firearm and the shot.
- (ballistics) Horizontal adjustment of the sight of a firearm or bow.
- (medicine, dated) A contusion caused by a projectile that does not enter the skin, due to either compressed air or a glancing blow
- (chiefly nautical) Exposure to the wind.