Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: woo-woo
- (slang) A person readily accepting supernatural, paranormal, occult, or pseudoscientific phenomena, or emotion-based beliefs and explanations.
- That reporter is a bit of a woo woo.
- (slang) Those beliefs.
- He is really into all that woo woo.
- Erikson Physocialsocial Stages
- Social work has gotten distinctly woo-woo lately. There's a lot of endorsement of quackery. I think that might be because the social work profession has attracted a lot of people who don't want to do science, or maybe because there is a big market for woo-woo stuff.
- (slang) Supernatural, unreal.
- He made a living out of woo woo beliefs.
- (slang) Describing a person readily accepting supernatural, paranormal, occult, or pseudoscientific phenomena, or emotion-based beliefs and explanations.
- Pert is a talented scientist who went woo woo many years ago for reasons I don’t have time to go into here.
- Skeptic's Dictionary
- Double-Tongued Dictionary
- Watching you (archived version)
- Insolitology (The Woo-Woo Dictionary)
- The Woo-Woo Stuff: Musings on the Metaphysical (archived version)
Imitative of a siren.
- (childish) the sound of a fire truck, ambulance, or police truck's siren.