Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To produce by writing.
- The supervisor wrote up the personnel report about him.
- To document the faults of.
- His supervisor wrote him up after their last argument.
- To write about positively; to praise in writing.
- The paper wrote up the team's prospects.
- (transitive, accounting) To make an upward adjustment in the value of an asset.
- Antonym: write down
- In the sense "produce by writing", this term is generally only used when the thing being written has been previously set or arranged to some extent. Thus, one can write up a report of events, minutes of a meeting, or a contract previously agreed upon orally.