Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: johnson
- (surname): Jonson
- In the U.S. the name Johnson has been adopted by numerous immigrant families originally named Johansson, Johnsson, Johansen, Jonsson, etc.
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈdʒɑnsən/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈdʒɒnsən/
- Rhymes: -ɒnsən
- A common surname. The second most common surname in the United States.
- A male given name transferred from the surname.
- Any of several place names in the United States founded by people with the surname.
- alternative case form of (penis).
surname meaning "son of John"
transliterations of the surname