Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪniə
- One of the six federal states of Australia, consisting of one large, eponymous and several much smaller islands, off the eastern part of Australia's south coast, having its capital at Hobart.
- (historical) The colony that became the state of Tasmania at federation in 1901.
- The large island comprising the majority of the state of Tasmania's land area and on which most of its inhabitants live.
- local marsupial species: Tasmanian devil, Tasmanian wolf
- Taswegian (colloquial)
- Trans-Tasman (colloquial)
- TAS / Tas / Tas. (abbreviation)
island comprising majority of state
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Declension of Tasmania (type kulkija)