Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from a lot of)
See also: alot
- alot (nonstandard or misspelling)
- A large amount.
2013 June 29, “A punch in the gut”, The Economist, volume 407, number 8842, page 72-3:
- Mostly, the microbiome is beneficial. It helps with digestion and enables people to extract a lot more calories from their food than would otherwise be possible. Research over the past few years, however, has implicated it in diseases from atherosclerosis to asthma to autism.
- I have a lot of things to say.
- Many things, much.
- A lot depends on whether your parents agree.
a large amount
- (idiomatic) very much; a great deal; to a large extent.
- Thanks a lot for listening to me.
- It's a lot harder than it looks.
- (idiomatic) often; frequently
- I go swimming a lot.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.