Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- (obsolete, rare) acceptour
acceptor (plural acceptors)
- One who accepts.
- (law, commerce) One who accepts a draft or a bill of exchange; a drawee after he has accepted.
- (chemistry) An atom or molecule which can accept an electron to form a chemical bond.
- (biochemistry) A transfer RNA molecule that can accept a specific amino acid
- (physics) A chemical acceptor atom forming a positive hole in a semiconductor.
one who accepts
- first-person singular present passive indicative of acceptō