Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪkən
- (transitive) To cause to become awake.
- (transitive) To cause to become conscious.
- (intransitive) To stop sleeping.
- (stop sleeping): fall asleep
transitive: to cause to become awake
transitive: to cause to become conscious
intransitive: to stop sleeping
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.