Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) enPR: shəräd", shərād", IPA(key): /ʃəˈɹɑːd/, /ʃəˈɹeɪd/
- (US) enPR: shərād", IPA(key): /ʃɚˈɹeɪd/
- Rhymes: -eɪd
charade (plural charades)
- A specific kind of riddle in which a word or phrase to find is split in several parts that can each be guessed from a verbal clue.
- (in plural) A party game in which players mime a word or phrase that the other players must try to guess.
- Something apparently real but based on pretence/pretense.
- She said she loved me but it was only a charade.
party game — see charades
- charade in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- charade in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- charade at OneLook Dictionary Search
charade f (plural charades)