Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Cynical
Audio (US) (file)
- Homophone: sinical
- of or relating to the belief that human actions are motivated only or primarily by base desires or selfishness.
- skeptical of the integrity, sincerity, or motives of others.
- bitterly or jadedly distrustful or contemptuous; mocking.
- showing contempt for accepted moral standards by one's actions.
- (medicine, rare) like the actions of a snarling dog.
of or relating to the belief that human actions are motivated by base desires or selfishness