Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- enPR: dĕskʹ-tŏp, IPA: /ˈdɛsktɒp/, X-SAMPA: /"dEsktQp/
- (Australia) IPA: [ˈdɛsk.ˌtɔp]
- (UK) IPA: [ˈdɛsk.ˌtɒp]
- (US) IPA: [ˈdɛsk.ˌtɑp]
- Hyphenation: desk‧top
desktop (plural desktops)
- The top surface of a desk.
- (computing) A desktop computer.
- Laptops are often more expensive than desktops.
- (computing) The main graphical user interface of an operating system, usually displaying icons, windows and background wallpaper.
- I installed a new application and it added its icon to my desktop.
the top surface of a desk
a desktop computer
Related terms 
desktop (not comparable)
- Designed for use on a desk or similar piece of furniture.
- (computing) Of an application, converted to be carried out on a personal computer.
Derived terms 
From English desktop.
- (computer hardware) desktop computer
- (graphical user interface) main graphical user interface of a system
- (main graphical user interface): bureaublad
desktop m (invariable)