Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To make unrelated; to sever a connection; to separate.
- A number of group members wish to dissociate themselves from the majority.
- (intransitive) To part; to stop associating.
- After the big fight, the gang totally dissociated from each other.
- (chemistry, transitive) To separate compounds into simpler component parts, usually by applying heat or through electrolysis.
- We dissociated the lead iodide into its elements by heating
- (chemistry, intransitive) To undergo dissociation.
- (psychology, intransitive) To undergo dissociation.
- Gerald checked himself into the hospital because he was dissociating.
Derived terms 
to make unrelated
to part, stop associating
chemistry: to separate compounds into simpler parts
chemistry: to undergo dissociation
- Feminine plural form of dissociato
- Plural form of dissociata