Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɛntəl
- Pertaining to or founded on experiment.
- Chemistry is an experimental science.
- (sciences) nbsp; Serving to be experimented upon.
- R was a member of the experimental group, Z was a member of the control group.
- Serving as an experiment; serving to experiment.
2012 March-April, Colin Allen, “Do I See What You See?”, American Scientist, volume 100, number 2, page 168:
- Numerous experimental tests and other observations have been offered in favor of animal mind reading, and although many scientists are skeptical, others assert that humans are not the only species capable of representing what others do and don’t perceive and know.
- his experimental band
- an experimental engine
- Experiential, empirical.
- experimental knowledge
of or pertaining to an experiment
experimental (plural experimentals)
- That which is experimental.
experimental m, f (masculine and feminine plural experimentals)
experimental m, f (plural experimentais)
- experimental (of, pertaining to or being an experiment)
experimental m, f (plural experimentales)