Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 Translingual
- 2 English
- 3 Dutch
- 4 French
- 5 German
- (anatomy) Below; beneath; under.
- (medicine) Deficient; less than normal.
- (chemistry) A name for oxoacid and oxyanions with a low amount of oxygen.
- 2008: Chlorites(I) are the salts of hypochlorous acid. Common examples include sodium hypochlorite (chlorine bleach or bleaching agent) and calcium hypochlorite (bleaching powder). - hypochlorite
- 2008: Hypobromous acid is a weak, unstable acid with chemical formula HBrO. - Hypobromous acid
- hyposulfurous acid
- (chemistry): The use of this prefix is discouraged by IUPAC because the meaning is not consistent across different elements.
Terms derived from the hypo- prefix in the medical sense
Terms derived from the hypo- prefix in the chemical sense
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.