Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- not dependent; not contingent or depending on something else; free
- (politics) not affiliated with any political party
not dependent; not contingent or depending on something else; free
not aligned with any political party
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Derived terms 
Related terms 
independent (plural independents)
- A candidate or voter not affiliated with any political party, a free thinker, free of a party platform.
- A neutral or uncommitted person.
- Rhymes: -ent