Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɜː(r)t
- (UK) enPR: ĭnsût', IPA: /ɪnˈsɜːt/, X-SAMPA: /In"s3:t/
- (US) enPR: ĭnsûrt', IPA: /ɪnˈsɝt/, X-SAMPA: /In"s3`t/
- (UK) enPR: ĭn'sût, IPA: /ˈɪnsɜːt/, X-SAMPA: /"Ins3:t/
- (US) enPR: ĭnsûrt', IPA: /ˈɪnsɝt/, X-SAMPA: /"Ins3`t/
- (transitive) To put in between or into.
- In order to withdraw money from a cash machine you have to insert your debit card first.
- To make your proof easier to comprehend I recommend you insert a few more steps.
put in between or into
insert (plural inserts)
- An image inserted into text.
- A promotional leaflet inserted into a magazine, newspaper, etc.
- This software can print compact disc inserts if you have the right size of paper.
image inserted into text
promotional leaflet in a magazine or newspaper