Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɜː(r)t
- (transitive) To put in between or into.
- In order to withdraw money from a cash machine you have to insert your debit card first.
- To make your proof easier to comprehend I recommend you insert a few more steps.
put in between or into
insert (plural inserts)
- An image inserted into text.
- A promotional leaflet inserted into a magazine, newspaper, etc.
- This software can print compact disc inserts if you have the right size of paper.
- (linguistics) An expression, such as "please" or an interjection, that may occur at various points in an utterance.
image inserted into text
promotional leaflet in a magazine or newspaper