Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- inspectour (obsolete, rare)
inspector (plural inspectors)
- A person employed to inspect something.
2013 July 19, Peter Wilby, “Finland spreads word on schools”, The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 6, page 30:
- Imagine a country where children do nothing but play until they start compulsory schooling at age seven. Then, without exception, they attend comprehensives until the age of 16. […] There are no inspectors, no exams until the age of 18, no school league tables, no private tuition industry, no school uniforms. […]
- (law enforcement) A police officer ranking below superintendent.
person employed to inspect something
police officer ranking below superintendent
- first-person singular present passive indicative of īnspectō
- inspector (male)