Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Lesbian
- (of a woman) Homosexual; preferring female romantic or sexual partners.
- She is lesbian.
- (of a romantic or sexual act or relationship) Between two women; homosexual.
- She's involved in a lesbian relationship.
- Lesbian marriage is still illegal in some nations.
- 2011, Michael Bruce, Robert M. Stewart, College Sex - Philosophy for Everyone (ISBN 1444341448), page 32:
- […] Madonna's infamous nationally televised lesbian kiss with Britney Spears […]
- (especially of an institution or group) Intended for lesbians.
- We're going to a lesbian bar tonight.
- 2000, Bonnie Zimmerman, Encyclopedia of lesbian and gay histories and cultures, volume 1, page 135:
- Some lesbians also felt comfortable in the entertainment clubs in the black section of the city; these clubs were not lesbian but were lesbian friendly.
- 2008, Carl Abbott, How cities won the West: four centuries of urban change, page 283:
- Openly gay poets such as Allen Ginsberg were prominent among the beats, and many North Beach bars were gay and lesbian as well as bohemian.
- (of a woman: preferring female partners): dyke (usually offensive, but reclaimed by some lesbians), gay (preferred by many lesbians), homosexual (not specific to female homosexuality)
- (between two women; pertaining to female homosexuality): dyke (usually offensive, but reclaimed by some lesbians), gay (preferred by many lesbians), homosexual (not specific to female homosexuality)
of a woman: preferring female partners
between two women; pertaining to female homosexuality
intended for lesbians
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
lesbian (plural lesbians)
- (offensive) Amy-John, beaver eater, beanflicker, boondagger, bulldiker, bulldyker, carpet muncher, clam smacker, crack snacker, cunt-lapper, donut bumper, dyke, gaplapper, lesbianist, lezzer, lezzie, lezzo, rug muncher, sapphist, scissor sister, todger dodger, tomboy, vagitarian, clitorist
- See also Wikisaurus:female homosexual
- (sexual orientations) sexual orientation; asexual, bisexual, heterosexual, homosexual (lesbian), omnisexual, pansexual, polysexual (Category: en:Sexuality)
lesbian 4 nom/acc forms
declension of lesbian