Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Lesbian
- (of a woman) Homosexual; preferring female romantic or sexual partners.
- She is lesbian.
- (of a romantic relationship or pairing) Homosexual, specifically between two women.
- She's involved in a lesbian relationship.
- Lesbian marriage is still illegal in some nations.
- (especially of an institution or group) Intended for lesbians.
- We're going to a lesbian bar tonight.
- 2000, Bonnie Zimmerman, Encyclopedia of lesbian and gay histories and cultures, volume 1, page 135:
- Some lesbians also felt comfortable in the entertainment clubs in the black section of the city; these clubs were not lesbian but were lesbian friendly.
- 2008, Carl Abbott, How cities won the West: four centuries of urban change, page 283:
- Openly gay poets such as Allen Ginsberg were prominent among the beats, and many North Beach bars were gay and lesbian as well as bohemian.
- (of a woman: preferring female partners): dyke (usually offensive, but reclaimed by some lesbians), gay (preferred by many lesbians), homosexual (not specific to female homosexuality)
- (between two women; pertaining to female homosexuality): dyke (usually offensive, but reclaimed by some lesbians), gay (preferred by many lesbians), homosexual (not specific to female homosexuality)
of a woman: preferring female partners
between two women; pertaining to female homosexuality
intended for lesbians
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
lesbian (plural lesbians)
- dyke (usually offensive, but reclaimed by some lesbians)
- scissor sister
- See also Wikisaurus:female homosexual
lesbian 4 nom/acc forms
declension of lesbian