Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -aɪfə(r)
lifer (plural lifers)
- A prisoner sentenced to life in prison.
- A prisoner sentenced to transportation for life.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist to this entry?)
- A person who makes a career in the military.
- A bird species seen for the first time by a birder who is keeping a list of all the birds he or she has ever seen.
person who makes a career in the military
- liver (interior organ)
- English: liver