Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Present participle of park.
- Parking a car in a tight spot gave him some satisfaction. (as gerund)
- His parking skills needed improvement. (as participial adjective)
- They will be parking the aircraft in the desert for the next few months. (as progressive)
- Each one of his parkings of securities was a separate count on the indictment. (as gerundial noun)
- The action of the verb to park.
- Parking in central London can be very difficult.
- Space in which to park a car or other vehicle.
- It can be difficult to find parking in central London.
- Often used attributively, as an adjective.
terms derived from parking (noun)
parking m (plural parkings)
- “parking” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
declension of parking
parking m (uncountable)
- (Latin America, especially Puerto Rico, an indoor parking in Spain) car park (an area where cars may be parked)