Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- press (instrument)
- press (media)
Declension of preas
Forms with the definite article:
- clóphreas (“printing press”)
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.
- wrinkle, fold, crease
- gun phreas gun smal, without wrinkle or spot
- Tha preasan 'na aodann. His face is wrinkled.
- a bush, a shrub
- Thilg i an leanabh fo aon de na preasan. She threw the child under one of the shrubs.
- Cha deach car do theadhair mu phreas. Your tether has not gone round the bush. (Said of a person who looks well.)
- a thicket
- The Illustrated Gaelic-English Dictionary (Birlinn Limited, 1901-1911, Compiled by Edward Dwelly)
- A Pronouncing and Etymological Dictionary of the Gaelic Language (John Grant, Edinburgh, 1925, Complied by Malcolm MacLennan)