Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From Old French provision.
provision (plural provisions)
- An item of goods or supplies obtained for future use.
- Money set aside for a future event.
- (accounting) A liability or contra account to recognise likely future adverse events associated with current transactions.
- We increased our provision for bad debts on credit sales going into the recession.
- (law) A clause in a legal instrument, a law, etc., providing for a particular matter; stipulation; proviso.
- An arrest shall be made in accordance with the provisions of this Act.
An item of goods or supplies obtained for future use
Money set aside for a future event
(law) A clause in a legal instrument
- To supply with provisions.
Related terms 
to supply with provisions
- Genitive singular form of provisio.
provision f (plural provisions)