Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Hidden from the mental or intellectual view; secret; abstruse.
- What was the recondite cause of Ryulong being uncalled for?
- Dealing in things abstruse; profound; searching.
- My philosophy professor believes she is in the field of recondite studies.
- Difficult to understand; known only by experts.
- Coster-Mullen spent the next ten years of his life mastering a body of recondite technical data. — Atomic John: A truck driver uncovers secrets about the first nuclear bombs, David Samuels December, The New Yorker, 15, 2008 
- Of a person: highly talented, a master of a field.
- Our musician [J.S. Bach] rapidly became known far and wide throughout the musical centres of Germany as a learned and recondite composer… – The Great German Composers, George T. Ferris, 1891
- feminine plural of [[recondito#Script error|recondito]]
- second-person plural present active imperative of recondō