Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Orderly government; system of order; administration.
- Any regulation or remedy which is intended to produce beneficial effects by gradual operation.
- (grammar) A syntactical relation between words, as when one depends on another and is regulated by it in respect to case or mood; government.
orderly government; system of order; administration
any regulation or remedy which is intended to produce beneficial effects by gradual operation
A syntactical relation between words
- regimen in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- regimen in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
From regō (“I rule”, “I direct”).
Third declension neuter.
- definite singular of regim