- Having a round or spherical shape; circular; orbicular.
- Round in body shape; portly or plump; podgy.
- (of a sound) Full and rich; orotund; sonorous; full-toned.
- Oxford English Dictionary, Second Edition, 1989
- ^ The Words of Mathematics: An Etymological Dictionary of Mathematical Terms Used in English, p. 190, "rotate" entry
- rătund (regional, dated)
From Latin rotundus (“round”), possibly through a Vulgar Latin form retundus, especially in the case of the variant form, rătund, which was the original form (compare Spanish and Portuguese redondo, archaic Italian ritondo, standard rotondo, Occitan redond, French rond). The current standard form of the word may simply be a natural evolution from the older form in southern Romania. 
rotund 4 nom/acc forms