Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- All the electromagnetic radiation given off by the Sun, especially that in the visible spectrum that bathes the Earth.
2013 June 8, “Obama goes troll-hunting”, The Economist, volume 407, number 8839, page 55:
- The solitary, lumbering trolls of Scandinavian mythology would sometimes be turned to stone by exposure to sunlight. Barack Obama is hoping that several measures announced on June 4th will have a similarly paralysing effect on their modern incarnation, the patent troll.
- Sunlight on the skin gives you vitamin D.
- (figuratively, figuratively) Brightness, hope; a positive outlook.
- (light from the sun): sunshine
electromagnetic radiation given off by the sun
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- ^ Chambers Dictionary of Etymology, Robert K. Barnhart (ed.), Chambers, 1988