Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
tael (plural taels)
- Any of several units of measure used in China and elsewhere in eastern Asia, approximately 40 grams.
- Any of several monetary units equal to the equivalent weight in silver.
- (Hong Kong) leung, a traditional unit of weight, in modern usage legally defined as 1/16 of a catty or kan (斤) or 0.0377993638 kilograms
- Tael on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- (Hong Kong units): chek, tsun, fan, picul, catty, mace, candareen, tsin, leung, kan, tam
tael m (plural taéis)