Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Yap
- IPA: /jæp/
yap (plural yaps)
- The high-pitched bark of a small dog.
- An informal talk.
- The mouth, which produces speech.
- Shut your yap!
- (Geordie) A badly behaved child, a brat.
- The New Geordie Dictionary, Frank Graham, 1987, ISBN 0946928118
- (intransitive) Of a small dog, to bark.
- (intransitive, slang) To talk, especially excessively.
- You’re always yapping - I wish you’d shut up.
of a small dog, to bark in a non-growly manner
slang: to talk, especially excessively
Usage notes 
The word is also represented ya, yop, ya’p, yo’p.
- English: yaupon