See also: گا
- straw (a dried stalk of a cereal plant)
- belonging to
- عامل کی بیٹی "Aamil's daughter"
- made of, consisting of
- کا is a possessive particle in Urdu to show relationships with people and things, and in many cases it can be translated as an apostrophe s as possession would be used in English. It is not used to show possession by people of objects, the کے پاس construction is used for that. کا is the postposition of the genitive case in Urdū and Hindī, and, as such, is also frequently used as an adjective termination, e.g. sone-kī ghaṛī, 'a gold watch'; kāṭh-kā ghoṛā, 'a wooden horse'
- The oblique form کے (ke) forms a large number of compound pospositions such as کے ساتھ (with), کے پیچھے (behind), etc.
- Feminine: کی (kī)
- Oblique and plural: کے (ke)
- McGregor, R.S, ed. The Oxford Hindi-English Dictionary, Oxford university press. 1993
- Platts, John T. A dictionary of Urdu, Classical Hindi, and English Oxford. 1884.