Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: ✝ [U+271D LATIN CROSS], ✞ [U+271E SHADOWED WHITE LATIN CROSS], and ✟ [U+271F OUTLINED LATIN CROSS]
- Died, dead.
- Joseph Smith, †1956
- Joseph Smith, died in 1956
- (typography) Second footnote.
- (biology, linguistics) Extinct.
- (botany) Used to indicated a destroyed type specimen.
- 1986, Jeffrey, C., Kew Bulletin, volume 41, number 4 (in English), page 906:
- "Type: Zaire, Ruwenzori, Butago valley, Mildbraed 2575 (holotype B†; isotype BR)."
- (cricket) Used in scorecards to indicate the wicketkeeper.
- (chess notation) Check.
- Synonym: +
- (textual criticism, palaeography) crux critica, crux desperationis, used around a corrupt part of a text