Reading of various Chinese characters.
- Phonetic Hangul[핵]
|Revised Romanization (translit.)?
핵 • (haek) (hanja 核)
- nuclear weapons
- (physics) The atomic nucleus
- (chemistry) A ring, such as a benzene ring.
- Like many Korean nouns, this word is often used as a determiner to modify another noun directly, as for example in 핵무기 (haengmugi, “nuclear weapons”).
- 核: seed
- (eumhun reading: 씨 핵 (ssi haek))
- 劾: inquire
- (eumhun reading: 캐물을 핵 (kaemureul haek))
- 覈: examine
- (eumhun reading: 핵실할 핵 (haeksilhal haek))
- 翮: quill
- (eumhun reading: 깃촉 핵 (gitchok haek))