Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: apollonian
Apollonian (not comparable)
- (Greek mythology) Of or relating to the Greek god Apollo.
- Of or relating to the Ancient Greek mathematician Apollonius of Perga.
- Pertaining to Apollonia.
- Alternative form of
Apollonian (plural Apollonians)
- One who is apollonian.
2013, Raphael Massarelli, Lloyd A. Horrocks, & Julian N. Kanfer, Phospholipids and Signal Transmission, ISBN 3662029227:
- Those of us who were Apollonians had thus a chance to organize a programme. The Dionysians knew what was going to happen to them, but, of course, did not know yet how to cope with it.
2016, Ellen Goldberg & Dorian Bergen, The Art and Science of Hand Reading:
- Apollonians are creative artists, but while all Apollonians love the arts, there are both creative and business types of Apollonians.
- A native of Apollonia.
1824, Isaac Littlebury (translator), The History of Herodotus:
- But the Apollonians being soon informed of the thing, caused him to appear without delay before the court of justice; and sentenced him to lose his eyes, for sleeping when he ought to have watched.
1978, Paul Mmegha Mbaeyi, British Military and Naval Forces in West African History, 1807-1874:
- Another clause in the rules of conduct drawn up for defeated Appolonia virtually transferred jurisdiction to Maclean: by it, he invited 'every Appolonian who may be oppressed or injured wither [i.e. whether] by Quacoe Accah [Kwaku Akkah, the King] or any other chief ... to make his complaint to the governor of Cape Coast
2015, Joel D. Irish & G. Richard Scott, A Companion to Dental Anthropology, ISBN 1118845439, page 261:
- McIlvaine and colleagues (2014) examined a cemetery at the Greek colony of Apollonia, Albania to assess to what degree interbreeding may have occurred between indigenous Illyrians and colonial Apollonians.
- (science fiction) A native of the planet Apollo.
of or relating to the Greek god Apollo