Appendix:Star Wars derivations
These are terms noted for being coined from the Star Wars series, but used outside this context.
Main category: Star Wars derivations
- Darth Vader
- A powerful individual or force, particularly one that is seen as malevolent, dominating and threatening.
- Death Star
- (slang, astronomy) The Saturnian moon Iapetus
- (slang, astronomy) A hypothetical object in a long-period orbit around the sun that periodically sends destructive showers of asteroids on a collision path with the Earth.
- (US slang) An overweight person.
- (US slang) space-based beam-weapon defense platforms proposed for SDI
- An intelligent robot, especially one made with some physical resemblance to a human.
- A mystical source of energy.
- An (almost) immobily obese person.
- A fictional order of beings who are gifted with heightened awareness of the Force.
- Jedi Master
- Respectful and humorous way of addressing a person who is expert in a particular field.
- Jedi mind trick
- Any set of verbal routines intended to influence people, usually without their knowledge.
- A sword having a blade made of a powerful beam of light, found in speculative fiction.
- may the Force be with you
- (idiomatic) Used to wish someone luck with a difficult endeavor.
- (text messaging) Initialism of may the Force be with you.
- Princess Leia
- The fictional character Princes Leia from the Star Wars series.
- Star Wars
- Strategic Defense Initiative.
- (Internet) Initialism of Use the Source, Luke.
- A wise person.
Main category: fi:Star Wars derivations
Main category: hu:Star Wars derivations
Main category: pt:Star Wars derivations
- lado azul da Força
- (humorous) The set of people who have manly characteristics, specially heterosexual men and homosexual women.
- lado rosa da Força
- (humorous) The set of people who have womanly characteristics, specially heterosexual women and homosexual men.
Main category: th:Star Wars derivations