Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- founded on; having a basis; often used in combining forms
- That was a soundly based argument.
- (slang) (of a person) not caring what others think about his own personality, style, behavior; being focused on maintaining individuality
- So a based dude like Hotwheels doing what he does with what he has and going conservative real talk on them makes the blood boilcurdle.
- The based owner of this site doesn't tell reasons why he bans users.
Hyponyms of based
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Being derived from (usually followed by on or upon).
- It's a new film based on a best-selling novel.
- Having a base
- The ladder is based on the even sidewalk for stability.
- Having a base of operations.
- The company is based in New York.
having a base
having a base of operations