Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Founded on; having a basis; often used in combining forms.
That was a soundly based argument.
- (slang, of a person) Not caring what others think about his or her personality, style, or behavior; focused on maintaining individuality.
founded on; having a basis
founded on; having a basis (astronomical objects)
founded on; having a basis (languages)
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Being derived from (usually followed by on or upon).
- It's a new film based on a best-selling novel.
- Having a base
- The ladder is based on the even sidewalk for stability.
- Having a base of operations.
- The company is based in New York.
having a base
having a base of operations