Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Founded on; having a basis; often used in combining forms.
- That was a soundly based argument.
founded on; having a basis
- simple past tense and past participle of
- (slang, of a person) Not caring what others think about one's personality, style, or behavior; focused on maintaining individuality.
- 2012, Duncan Cooper, "Based Scripture: The Full Transcript of Lil B’s Lecture at NYU", The Fader, 12 April 2012:
- You have to work as a human with empathy and love in your heart, staying positive and staying based and staying normal.
- (Internet slang, originally 4chan) Praiseworthy and admirable, often through exhibiting independence and security.
not caring what others think about oneself