Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: braunschweiger
- Pertaining to the city of Braunschweig in Germany.
Braunschweiger (plural Braunschweigers)
- A native or inhabitant of the city of Braunschweig in Germany.
- (often uncapitalized) A kind of sausage, or a sausage of this kind; a liverwurst.
- A native or inhabitant of Braunschweig
Declension of Braunschweiger
- from, of, or pertaining to Braunschweig
- Words like this are indeclinable adjectives in modern German, as noted by the Duden, DWDS and other modern references. They originated as genitive plurals of substantives, as noted by 18th century grammarian Johann Christoph Adelung and 19th century linguist Hermann Möller: e.g. Berliner Pfannkuchen = Pfannkuchen der Berliner = "pancake of the Berliners". See -er.