Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: föhn
- a warm wind which appears on the leeward side of mountains, for example on the northern side of the alps in south Germany; a foehn
- hair dryer
- The normal plural is Föhne.
- The plural Föhns is quite often heard in the vernacular.
- Fön is a trademark that was not affected by the 1996 spelling reform, and remains in use as an alternative spelling for the hair-dryer sense only.
Declension of Föhn
- (hair dryer): Haartrockner (formal)
- Föhn in Duden online