Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Originated 1605–15 from Latin Galilaea, from Galilee+-an.
- (philosophy) Originated 1720–30, from Galileo+-an.
- of or pertaining to Galilee, or a native or inhabitant thereof.
- (philosophy) of or pertaining to the Italian physicist, mathematician, astronomer, and philosopher Galileo Galilei.
of or pertaining to the region of Galilee
of or pertaining to a Galilean, Galileans
of or pertaining to Galileo Galilei
Galilean (plural Galileans)
- A native or resident of Galilee.
- (historical) A zealous follower of Judas of Galilee, who fiercely resented the taxation of the Romans, and whose violence contributed to induce the latter to vow the extermination of the whole race.
- (by extension, sometimes derogatory) A Christian.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked