Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Of or pertaining to Galilee, or a native or inhabitant thereof.
of or pertaining to the region of Galilee
of or pertaining to a Galilean, Galileans
Galilean (plural Galileans)
- A native or resident of Galilee.
- (historical) A zealous follower of Judas of Galilee, who fiercely resented the taxation of the Romans, and whose violence contributed to induce the latter to vow the extermination of the whole race.
- (by extension, sometimes derogatory) A Christian.
person from Galilee
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- (philosophy) Of or pertaining to the Italian physicist, mathematician, astronomer, and philosopher Galileo Galilei.
of or pertaining to Galileo Galilei
- “Galilean”, in The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition, Boston, Mass.: Houghton Mifflin, 2000, →ISBN.
- “Galilean” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, Dictionary.com, LLC, 1995–present.