Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Appendix:Variations of "goa"
state in western India
- (music) A form of trance music that originated during the late 1980s in Goa, India.
- Synonym: Goa trance
- (states of India) state of India; Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala／Keralam, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal (Category: en:States of India)
- The fifth winter month of the traditional Icelandic calendar, running from mid-February to mid-March.
- 1998, Terry G. Lacy, Ring of Seasons, University of Michigan Press, published 2000, page 59:
- The month of Thorri was followed by Góa, when the farmer often left to go fishing and his wife had to see to managing the household.
- 2012, Julian Meldon D'Arcy, translating Þórbergur Þórðarson, The Stones Speak, in Of Icelandic Nobles and Idiot Savants, Brú 2014, p. 147:
- In the last week of Goa, in mid-March, there occurred an example of God's great providence: a large schooner from Dunkirk in France ran aground on one of the Hálsasker skerries off the coast of the eastern part of Suðursveit.
- Gôa (dated)
- Hyphenation: Go‧a