Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Any of a number of placenames in England, variants of Hertford; such as a village in Cheshire.
- A habitational surname from these places.
- The capital city of the state of Connecticut in the United States of America.
- A city in Alabama.
- A city in Arkansas.
- A village in Illinois.
- A city in Iowa.
- A city in Kansas.
- A city in Kentucky, and the county seat of Ohio County.
- A town in Maine.
- A city in Michigan.
- A town in New York.
- A city in South Dakota.
- A town in Vermont.
- A city and town in Wisconsin.