Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: hijra
- The flight of Muhammad and his followers from Mecca to Yathrib (later Medina) in 622 ce, which forms the first year of the Islamic era (ah 1)
- AH: the Islamic era, dated from the Hijra.
- Since the Muslim lunar year contains only 354 days, the year 2005 is approximately equivalent to Hijra 1426.
- The Islamic calendar, dated from the Hijra
Muhammad's departure from Mecca
alternate term for the Islamic era
alternate term for the Islamic calendar
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked